Your countryside wedding, your way
Garden Court is a truly unique and idyllic venue set in the heart of the Herefordshire countryside, with far reaching views and stunning gardens. This is the ultimate blank canvas to create a completely personalised wedding. From small intimate weddings, to weddings for up to 175, Garden Court offers complete flexibility.
How it works
Garden Court offers beautiful inside and outside spaces for wedding ceremonies.
For larger ceremonies, Garden Court's Italianate fold yard is a lovely outdoor space and can be left open air or framed under a canopy to create a magical space whatever the wedding or season. Outdoors, the woodland area is also a very magical and popular space for weddings, and is able to cater for everything from intimate ceremonies to much larger ‘I dos’. Also in the gardens, the rose garden, lawns, orchard, the summer house or even wildflower garden are all perfect ceremony locations. For indoor weddings of up to 100 people, the low beamed upper barn is also available and can be bedecked in fairy lights and foliage to make a magical space.
For smaller ceremonies, Garden Court has two beautiful rooms within the house, which can host up to 60 guests. The oak-panelled drawing room with a full length bay window can seat 60, whereas the inner hall, with views out onto the David Austin rose garden can seat up to 50, both incredible backdrops for your big day.
Alternatively, you may wish to marry elsewhere and hold your reception at Garden Court. Whatever you choose to do, Garden Court is completely yours.
For weddings of less than 50, the house and bar are ideal, with dining in the beautiful dining room and dancing afterwards in the bar. For informal weddings of up to 70 where a dancefloor isn’t required, guests can dine in the upper barn and then mingle in the bar and upper barn throughout the evening.
For larger weddings, a marquee, tipi or yurt is required in the gardens, and Garden Court can help arrange that structure, working with a wide range of brilliant suppliers.
At Garden Court, the owners produce their own sparkling wine, alongside cider and apple juice, all of which can be purchased for your wedding or stay, if you wish.
Because of the individual nature of each wedding at Garden Court, it's not possible to present a standard price for a wedding. Your costs depend on the number of guests, catering required, staffing needs, any tipis/marquees required and season.
All weddings start with a base price for exclusive hire of the house which accommodates 18 guests (or up to 24 with extra beds added). Hire is always for two nights or more. For the peak Spring/Summer months of 2024 (April - September), this is from £7,900 (weekend) or £6,400 (mid-week) and in the Autumn/Winter months of 2024 (October - March, excluding the festive period), this is from £6,400 (weekend) or £5,400 (mid-week). Pricing will differ for future years. Extra nights can be added as needed. Garden Court’s coach house will also be reserved exclusively for your wedding guests, providing a further three bedrooms and space for up to seven people – this is at an additional cost.
Catering is not included, but a wonderful catering proposal can be tailored to your requirements using recommended suppliers. However, if you have a certain supplier in mind, you have free reign to use whichever caterer you wish.
Garden Court will be very happy to prepare a proposal for you based on your ideas for your special day.
Garden Court's two night wedding offers include the following:
- Exclusive use of Garden Court's house, bar, gardens and grounds
- A choice of civil ceremony locations, and a choice of locations for your wedding breakfast and reception
- Eight bedrooms with luxury bathrooms, sleeping 16 guests (or nine bedrooms sleeping 18, should you use the bridal suite dressing room as a bedroom)
- Luxury bathroom products and fluffy towels
- Teas, coffees and biscuits in the kitchen for guests to help themselves
- Flowers around the house, logs for the fires and all the other touches you’d expect from a country house stay
- Furniture for up to 32 guests
- Glassware for the stay and celebrations for all guests
- Use of the catering kitchen
- Power for external structures
- Wedding planning, guidance and organisation from booking onwards, including unlimited planning meetings and visits (dependent on availability), plus invitations to open days
- Access to a huge list of recommended suppliers (couples can choose their own suppliers, but Garden Court can suggest and help couples to secure excellent recommendations)
There are separate costs to consider:
- Catering for your wedding guests
- Housekeeping - this can be booked for the morning of the wedding if required to tidy through the house for you
- Additional beds in the main house
- The coach house and its three further bedrooms
- Registrar fees & booking
- Alcohol and drinks (it is a requirement of Garden Court that all drinks on the day of the wedding, from guest arrival to departure, must be bought from Garden Court, paid corkage on, or come from the bar)
- Any live music and other wedding suppliers, e.g. florists, photographers, hair, make up
- Furniture for over 32 guests
- Marquee or tipi (and relevant lighting, flooring etc)
- Staffing (it is a requirement of Garden Court that your wedding day must be staffed by the team)
Get in touch
We'd love to hear all about your wedding plans. Give the team a call on 01242 352 747 or email [email protected] for more information, or to arrange a viewing.