Join our friendly team…
At Big House Experience we’re proud of our collection of stunning big houses to rent and the service we provide for our guests. Behind the scenes, we’re a small and friendly business, growing at a fast pace. We’re growing because we understand the importance of putting the customer experience at the heart of everything we do.
Finance and Administration Executive
Big House Experience is a leading specialist in the UK holiday rental market. Our aim is simple: to offer truly wonderful experiences in truly exceptional houses, for groups of friends, families and corporate clients. We have curated our fabulous collection of large houses with great care. Each and every house has been hand-picked with those truly wonderful experiences in mind. All have oodles of space, luxury as standard, and unique features that add the ‘wow’ factor.
We’re currently recruiting for the role of Bookkeeper and Administration Executive to join our friendly team in Cheltenham.
What You’ll Do
The role includes the following:
- Bank reconciliation: monitoring all business income and outgoings, accurately attributing all bank transactions to bookings or operating costs
- Preparing paperwork in relation to bookings for property owners and clients
- Organising payments to property owners and dealing with any queries
- Keeping booking reports to support the Management Team
- Working with external accountants/bookkeepers to support the preparation of VAT returns and annual accounts.
Who You Are
- You’ll be a whizz at Microsoft Excel and have experience in using accountancy software (ideally Xero).
- You’ll be flexible, understanding that our business can sometimes become very busy
- Your attention to detail is second to none and you’re naturally organised (but able to work with people who are a little less organised)
- You’re someone who naturally looks for ways to improve the way things are done
- Someone who embodies our values of being positive, making a difference, being ‘one team’ and being passionate about extraordinary places to stay
- A confident and clear communicator
- Resilient to changes and setbacks. This is a fast-paced role, so you’ll need the ability to stay motivated, work independently, remain calm and clear minded on the busier days
- Have a passion for self-development and to proactively improve knowledge and learn from experiences
- A confident, positive and outgoing person with natural enthusiasm. You bring passion and playfulness to your work and those around you.
- Excellent Maths and English skills.
Hours of work:
This is a part-time role with some flexibility in terms of being office or home based. 15-20 hours per week.
- Salary is c.£20,000-30,000 (Full time equivalent, depending on experience
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Pension contribution of 3%
Behind the scenes
Our instagram pics