Your countryside wedding, your way
Bowley Court is a truly unique and idyllic venue set in the heart of the Herefordshire countryside, with far reaching views and stunning gardens. This is the ultimate blank canvas to create a completely personalised wedding. From small intimate weddings, to weddings for up to 250, Bowley Court offers complete flexibility.
How it works
Bowley Court offers three inside spaces and two further principal outside spaces for wedding ceremonies.
For larger ceremonies, the fold yard is a lovely outdoor space and can be framed under a canopy or in a bespoke tented structure to create a magical inside/outside setting for your wedding, whatever the season. The fold yard can cater for anything from a small gathering up to 169 guests, with the wedding ceremony taking place under the licensed loggia. For indoor weddings of up to 100 people, the low beamed upper barn is also available and can be bedecked in fairy lights and foliage to make a magical space.
For smaller ceremonies, Bowley Court has two beautiful rooms within the house, which can host up to 60 guests. Both the oak-panelled drawing room with a full length bay window, and the inner hall, have views out onto the David Austin rose garden and elegant stone fireplaces, making both incredible backdrops for your big day. There is also a lovely summer house in the gardens which is perfect as a place to sign the register after an outdoor service.
Couples can choose to have a ceremony outdoors in any space around Bowley Court's grounds, whether that be the rose garden, the woods, the south facing lawns or any of the other beautiful settings. Ceremonies outside can be for numbers up to around 250, with the ability to move guests into a marquee, a tipi or under a canopy in case of bad weather.
Alternatively, you may wish to marry elsewhere and hold your reception at Bowley Court. Whatever you choose to do, Bowley Court is completely yours.
Because of the individual nature of each wedding at Bowley Court, it's not possible to present a standard price for a wedding. Your costs depend on the number of guests, catering required, staffing needs, any tipis/marquees required and season.
All weddings start with a base price for exclusive hire of the house which accommodates 18 guests. Typically guests opt to book exclusive use of Bowley Court for 2 nights. In the peak Spring/Summer months of 2021, this is from £5,100 and in the Autumn/Winter, this is from £4,150.
The base price includes the use of the upper barn or our drawing room for the wedding breakfast, which can seat up to 70 or 50 guests respectively. For larger weddings, Bowley Court has excellent tipi or marquee suppliers to recommend, or you can go with a different supplier if preferred.
Catering is not included, but we can tailor a wonderful catering proposal for house guests to your requirements.
Note that one night, and single day-only enquiries are also welcomed, as are longer stays to really extend your celebrations.
We will be very happy to prepare a proposal for you based on your ideas for your special day.
Our one and two night wedding offers include the following:
- Exclusive use of Bowley Court House, bar and grounds
- A choice of civil ceremony locations, including Bowley Court’s loggia and fold yard, inner hall, drawing room, upper barn or summer house, and a choice of locations for your wedding breakfast and reception
- Eight bedrooms with luxury bathrooms, sleeping 16 guests (or nine bedrooms sleeping 18, should you use the bridal suite dressing room as a bedroom)
- Your choice of either self-catering or food for house guests for the entire stay. For two nights, catering includes: dinner on the arrival evening, continental breakfast on the wedding morning, a light lunch on the wedding day and a cooked breakfast the morning after. For one night, catering includes: a light lunch on the wedding day and a cooked breakfast the morning after. Catering does not include wedding breakfast/evening food.
- Luxury bathroom products and fluffy towels
- Teas, coffees and biscuits in the kitchen for guests to help themselves
- Flowers around the house, logs for the fires and all the other touches you’d expect from a country house stay
There are separate costs to consider:
- Catering for your wedding guests
- Housekeeping - this can be booked for the morning of the wedding to tidy through the house for you.
- Registrar fees & booking
- Any live music
- Marquee or tipi
Get in touch
We'd love to hear all about your wedding plans. Give Amelia a call on 01242 352 747 or email [email protected] for more information, or to arrange a viewing.