A great Yorkshire house at the doorway to the dales
Grade 1 historic house
A magnificent retreat where luxury is the byword.
This house is as English as the land it stands on – and the Estate has been there since 1097. The grandeur of the State Rooms will take your breath away and the bedrooms are both luxurious and designed to give every guest striking views of the beautifully landscaped parkland and the 17th century formal gardens. The 3000 acres of gardens, woodland and open countryside are perfect for walking, cycling, fishing, tennis and picnics. Tempest Hall is the ideal venue for wedding blessings and receptions, business conferences, parties and family gatherings.
exuding individual charm
There are 15 characterful bedrooms in the house, most of them en suite, all of them wonderfully furnished and each with its individual charm. For example, there is real elegance in the wood panelled Victorian Oak Room, and quirkiness in the Old Nursery. And for regal grandeur, the North Room won’t disappoint! In total we can accommodate 60 overnight guests in the main house and the nearby three holiday cottages, making it a perfect wedding venue.
A Grade 1 historic country house in the grand style.
A magnificent location
The doorway the Yorkshire Dales and so much more
The Yorkshire Dales are literally a few minutes away by car and the beautiful Forest of Bowland is not much further. You can enjoy walking, cycling, bird watching or just having a picnic in some of the most beautiful places in the country. A ten minute walk will take you to The Bull, one of Yorkshire’s landmark pubs, famous for both for its hospitality and its beautiful location. And before a round in the pub, you may like a round of golf at the nearby Skipton Golf Club where visitors are guaranteed a warm and friendly welcome and where you can experience golf in the natural surroundings of the Yorkshire Dales.
Eat, drink and be happy!
Satisfy the body as well as the soul
North Yorkshire is a gastronomic delight and there are many great places to eat just a short drive away, with the Bull pub (pictured) just a short walk down the road. Take a lunch time stroll to the Tempest Arms or explore the bistros of Skipton (we love Le Bistro des Amis). Or, if you prefer to dine in, we can arrange a chef to tailor a menu to suit your requirements. The hospitality team is always happy to help with any specific requests.
Prices and availability
Tempest Hall is available for private hire on an exclusive basis.
Prices below include VAT and are based on a residential stay. Please contact us for wedding rates or for a corporate event.
Additional accommodation for up to 11 guests is available at Eden, which is located on the grounds of Tempest Hall.
- Christmas and New Year prices on request
- Wedding receptions prices on request
- Catering: from £100 per person for breakfast, lunch and dinner, £220 at Christmas and New Year
How to book:
The following items are included in the rent:
- All utilities
- Logs for the fire
- Towels and bed linen
The following services are available on request for which there will be an additional charge:
- Spa treatments
- Car hire/chauffer
- Weddings (please ask us for wedding rates)
- Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome, sleeping downstairs in the utility room
- Not suitable for stag parties
- No smoking in the property
How to book:
The Accommodation 29 guests are accommodated in 15 bedrooms (of which 14 are doubles and one is a single bedroom). A beautiful country house located in the grounds of Tempest Hall is available to sleep up to an additional 12 guests for an extra charge.
UPPER GROUND FLOOR:
- Green Drawing Room
- Red Drawing Room
- Dining Room
LOWER GROUND FLOOR:
- Wine cellar
- All 15 bedrooms are beautifully furnished and are very comfortable. Each bedroom has a wonderful view of the parkland or formal gardens. Most of the bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms and there are two additional family bathrooms available. All of the bathrooms have the best classic British fitments, designed in traditional style. The details of the bedrooms are as follows:
- Bow Bedroom (Double en-suite)
- Boudoir Bedroom (Single)
- Oak Bedroom (Double en-suite)
- Portico Bedroom (Double en-suite)
- Amber Bedroom (Double en-suite)
- Buff Bedroom (Double)
- The Old Nursery (Double en-suite
- North Bedroom (Double en-suite)
- Captain’s Bedroom (Double en-suite)
- Smith’s Bedroom (Double en-suite)
- South Bedroom (Double)
- Garden Room (Double en-suite)
- Music Room (Double en-suite)
- Penthouse Garden Room (Double)
- Penthouse Park Room (Double)
- The Tempest Hall Estate stretches to around 3000 acres, comprising landscaped parkland, formal gardens, rivers, and woodland. These extensive grounds are perfect for long walks, cycling, and fishing
How to book:
Love it? Book it.
Fill in the enquiry form below and we’ll be in touch
Love it? Book it.
Fill in the enquiry form below and we'll be in touch
at Broughton Hall Estate
Why not try Landrover Experience for a unique and hugely rewarding fun day of activity? Set overlooking the grounds of the Broughton Hall Estate, you’ll be assured of an adrenaline pumping experience!