Easy to get to…
…difficult to leave.
This beautiful country house sits in an estate of around 132 acres in the glorious north Worcestershire countryside. Originally built in 1710, it is a Grade II listed Queen Anne residence of great character and charm. There are bedrooms of all types, sizes, and shapes, accommodating up to 55 people! In fact, with the use of additional wings and annexes it can accommodate an amazing 185 people! This makes it the perfect venue for weddings as we can arrange for a large marquee on the South lawn that can accommodate 350 guests. For smaller weddings we can arrange a marquee for 170 people in the walled garden. So whether for a large wedding or a family gathering, this is a great location.
18th century grandeur
21st century luxury
Hurcott Hall is a magical mix of 18th century grandeur complemented by 21st century luxury. The morning room has a welcoming open fire but it also has Sky TV, DVD and CD players. In the drawing room you can choose to play the grand piano or the CD player! The Blue Room has a wonderful open fire and a 42” plasma screen Sky TV with all the latest gadgetry. The oak panelled dining room can seat 35 (with a side table for a further eight) and the Sun Loggia leads out to the beautiful formal garden. The garden suite, with panoramic views over the woodland, can seat up to 130 people for dinner. And there is the wonderful indoor swimming pool for fun for all the family. For further fun there is another TV in the snug or, for a really fun weekend there is always the cellar music studio complete with video karaoke machine, musical instruments and microphones! The kitchen has a breakfast table with a four-oven Aga, hob, oven and microwave.
A Grade II listed Queen Anne residence
Out and about
Plenty to see and plenty to do…
You probably won’t want to leave the grandeur and luxury of Hurcott Hall, but if you do nearby Kidderminster has some lovely restaurants and is handy for shopping (check out the street market) if you plan to cook in the Hall. For golfers, the nearest course is only a five-minute drive away and the paintballing centre is even closer! There is a nearby equestrian centre and the whole county is great for easy country walks. Take a trip on the Severn Valley Heritage railway or spend a couple of hours wandering round Hartlebury Castle.
Prices and availability
Hurcott Hall is available for private hire on an exclusive basis.
Prices below include VAT and are based on a residential stay; wedding rates are available by calling us on 01242 352 747.
Main House (includes swimming pool) – sleeps max. 61 guests in 10 bedrooms
Full Estate (includes swimming pool) – sleeps max. 160 guests in 40 bedrooms
- The staff at Hurcott Hall welcome guests from 4pm on the day of arrival (for a later time special arrangements may need to be made).
- 7 night stays are from Friday to Friday except over Christmas and New Year.
- The minimum stay is 2 nights at weekends, 3 nights on Bank Holidays and 5 nights at Christmas and New Year.
- The rent excludes any meals or staff but includes all utilities.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome, however we must be notified when booking. They must stay in the veranda off the kitchen for the duration of your stay and are strictly prohibited from entering the main house or any other buildings.
- The swimming pool must be turned on 4 days prior to arrival which is included in the prices quoted above.
- A refundable security deposit of £1,500 is required to be paid before arrival to cover any damage to the property. The final balance is due 3 months prior to arrival.
- For larger groups that exceed the full capacity of Hurcott Hall we have excellent relationships with several local hotels and would be happy to arrange additional accommodation on your behalf if required.
How to book:
The following items are included in the rent:
- Towels and bed linen
- Wireless broadband internet access throughout the property
- Logs and utilities
The following services are available on request for which there will be an additional charge:
- Cooked or continental breakfast to be pre-ordered each evening
- Pool heating
- Additional accommodation for extra guests
- Hire of the Garden Suite, seating up to 130 guests
- Full catering service
- Unpacking of groceries from sainsburys.co.uk or tesco.com
- Daily maid service
- Food shopping
- Clay pigeon shooting
- Chauffeur service to and from local train stations and Birmingham International Airport
- Hire of a 12-seater Land Rover with a driver
- Daily hearth cleaning, fire lighting and log replenishment
- Torch lit driveway
How to book:
- Two entrance halls and two staircases
- Morning room with open fire, Sky TV, DVD and CD Player
- Drawing room with grand piano, open fire and CD Player
- The Blue Room (further reception room) with open fire and 42″ plasma screen with Sky TV, DVD, CD Player and CD library
- Up to 43 guests can dine in the Oak Panelled dining room. This is achieved by seating 35 guests on the main table and a further 8 guests on a table in the corner at the side of the fireplace
- Sun lounge leading into the formal garden
- Cloakroom with original ‘Throne’ wc
- Kitchen with breakfast table with 4 oven Aga, hob, oven and microwave and an adjoining snug with Sky TV/DVD and Playstation
- Utility room with washer, dryer and large chest freezer
- Cellar music studio with video karaoke machine, musical instruments and microphones
- Hurcott master bedroom with king size bed and Sky TV, DVD with dressing room off and en-suite bathroom with separate shower (can also accommodate a double sofa bed if required)
- Blakedown double bedroom and lounge with en-suite with shower, Sky TV, DVD and CD player (can also accommodate two double sofa beds if required)
- Broome with double zip and link bed. There is also a 3/4 single bed and a bunk bed. En-suite with shower cubicle
- Churchill bedroom with 4 single beds (opposite the house bathroom) with Sky TV and DVD. (single Z bed available if required)
- Large house bathroom with whirlpool bath, separate shower and sauna
- Caunsall double bedroom with a 5′ zip ‘n’ link bed which can convert to 2 singles on request, Sky TV, DVD and a shared en-suite with shower (double sofa bed available if required)
- Iverley small double bedroom with Sky TV and DVD, sharing an en-suite with shower
- Wolverley double bedroom with Sky TV, DVD, en-suite with shower over bath (double sofa bed available if required)
- Drayton double bedroom with Sky TV, DVD and an en-suite with shower
- Kinver double bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with shower
- Belbroughton double bedroom and lounge suite with en-suite shower room (double sofa bed and single Z bed available if required)
Summary of Bedrooms
- 1 person per bed (including z beds) = 40
- 1 person per bed (excluding z beds) = 32
- 1 person per bed (excluding sofa and z beds) =23
- 1 person per bedroom (all en-suite) = 10
- 1 couple per en-suite bedroom = 20
THE GROUNDS: The Estate comprises 132 acres and guests will have exclusive use of the following areas:
- Private rear walled garden with decked terrace with fountain, gas barbecue and gas heaters
- Further walled garden with hot house, pool terrace and tree hammocks
- Large lawned garden with lily pond and hammocks on the west front
- Parkland which surrounds the property on all sides, including a rugby pitch
- Tennis court with electronic ball server
- Croquet set and archery equipment
- Badminton Equipment
- Golf Practice Net
- Darts, Table Tennis, Juke Box, Pool Table, and Cinema Room
How to book:
Love it? Book it.
Fill in the enquiry form below and we’ll be in touch
Love it? Book it.
Fill in the enquiry form below and we'll be in touch