Castle on the Loch
A magnificent castle on the shores of the unique natural phenomenon that is Loch Ness
Castle on the Loch
A magnificent castle in a glorious setting
Traditional opulence and classic style
Looking for a castle to rent in Scotland? If location is important to you, you won’t find better than this. Castle on the Loch is the only habitable castle on the southern shores of the magnificent Loch Ness. This luxury 5-star property will be exclusively yours because it is available only for private hire to one group booking. With incredible Highland views, it is set in 500 acres of private grounds combining woodland, parkland and gardens and even has its own pier onto the loch.
This historic property really is the perfect place to get together and have a good time: relax with a glass of fine wine by the welcoming log fires, and enjoy a break away from it all.
Splendour, elegance and luxury
With rooms for all occasions
Inside, Castle on the Loch has both the grandeur and the scale of a great historic house and yet somehow it still exudes the cosy warmth and informality of a real home. Surrounded by the traditional furnishings and richly coloured luxurious fabrics, you can relax on a chaise longue or cosy armchair in front of a roaring fire. The summer sun streams in through the magnificent windows to light the airy Main Hall creating the perfect space for welcome drinks, small presentations or masterclasses, or just a gathering of the clan. The Red Drawing Room, too, is ideal for getting together for a pre-dinner drink. The Dining Room can be prepared for grandiose corporate banquets or laid out for informal family gatherings. Here, the deep green walls are lined in gold adorned by hanging portraits and incorporating two large windows look out onto the grounds. The wood-panelled Laird’s Room is perfect for a hearty Scottish breakfast; or out on the terrace you can enjoy a companionable lunch or afternoon tea with friends just metres from the water’s edge while soaking in the majestic views of the Highland hills and Loch Ness.
Relax over a good book in the Castle Library, and end the day, perhaps, with a game or two in the Billiard Room while enjoying a wee dram.
With historic charm
The thirteen bedrooms in Castle on the Loch range from grand four-poster doubles to cosy single rooms. What they all have in common is charm, luxury and individuality. There is a bedroom to suit everyone so you’re bound to find a combination of rooms that is just right for you. The rooms have been lovingly refurbished to provide modern luxury while maintaining the historic and attractive features of the original layout. Every bedroom and every bathroom is completely unique too and it is great fun discovering the various quirky arrangements and eccentricities. And if there’s not enough room in the house, you can also rent some of our delightful cottages.
A magnificent castle on the banks of Loch Ness
With plenty to do
After relishing the delights of the Castle, you will be enraptured by the joys of the great outdoors. Covering 500 acres, the wonderful gardens and woodland have been beautifully restored to the splendour of their 19th century heyday. With their intricate, quaint and colourful arbours, orangeries and bridges, and the manicured lawns that slope gently down to Loch Ness itself, the grounds are perfect for afternoon strolls, barbecues and garden parties. The leafy marina is a great place set off on your very own Loch Ness adventure or, if you’d rather, you can just do serious Nessie spotting from the woodland tree house. This is a great starting point for walkers, cyclists, hunters, fishing enthusiasts and nature lovers alike. We have a local network of experts who can guide you through a vast range of activities and interests. Just ask!
4 character-filled cottages
Available individually or as additional Castle accommodation
Furnished with the same care and attention as the Castle, yet on a much humbler scale, the self-catering cottages on Loch Ness are a wonderful retreat for family short breaks or group holidays in Scotland ideally located for adventure, quality time and relaxation.
Each pet-friendly cottage exudes its own individual charm and features roaring log fires, beautiful views and unique settings.
Prices and availability
Castle on the Loch is available for private hire on an exclusive basis.
Prices below include VAT and are based on a residential stay in Castle on the Loch
- 2 Night Rental £15,000
- 3 Night Rental £20,000
- 4 Night Rental £25,000
- 5 Night Rental £30,000
- 6 Night Rental £35,000
- 7 Night Rental £40,000
Full catering £150 Per guest per day (Breakfast, Light Lunch, Afternoon Tea & Dinner) – Fully Catered & Staffed
How to book:
Prices below include VAT and are based on a residential stay in the cottages on the grounds of Castle on the Loch. Prices are based on a weekly rate, but we welcome enquiries for shorter stays. Heating and electricity are included and bed linen and towels are provided.
IVY COTTAGE Prices:
- January to March £750
- April to June £850
- July to October £850
- November & December £750
- Easter / Christmas / New Year £850
GATE LODGE / GARDEN COTTAGE / PIER COTTAGE Prices:
- January to March £850
- April to June £1000
- July to October £1000
- November & December £850
- Easter / Christmas / New Year £1000
How to book:
The following items are included in the rent:
- Utilities (except landline telephone)
- Broadband wireless internet in most areas of the house
- Linen and bath towels
- Housekeeping will prepare the house for you and clean after you leave
- Large flat screen TV with DVD player
- Use of fully equipped professional caterers’ kitchen
- Second kitchen for informal meals and dining
- Use of private jetty/marina
- Space for a marquee
The following services are available on request, for which there will be an extra charge:
- Additional housekeeping and linen change
- Spa Treatments
How to book:
- Entrance Vestibule
- The Great Hall
- Red Drawing Room
- Dining Room
- Laird’s Roo
- Billiard Room
- Butler’s Pantry
- Store Rooms
- Operations Room
- Ladies and Gent’s WCs
- Lift to first floor
- Fraser Wing – Four poster double bedroom, en-suite bathroom with bath and separate shower, dressing room, private drawing room.
- Morris Bedroom – King size bed that can be arranged as twins on request, with en-suite bathroom.
- Lorimer Bedroom – Four poster double bedroom with Arts and Crafts wood panelling, large en-suite bathroom.
- Loch Bedroom – Four poster double bedroom, adjacent private Nymph bathroom with double ended bath.
- Garden Bedroom – Double bedroom, door to en-suite bathroom (shared with Napolean Bedroom).
- Napolean Bedroom – Single bedroom, door to en-suite bathroom (shared with Garden Bedroom). Interconnecting door to Mackintosh.
- Mackintosh Bedroom – Four poster double bedroom, en-suite marble shower room. Interconnecting door to Napolean.
- Lady Grey Bedroom – Impressive four poster double bedroom, with en-suite bathroom. Interconnecting door to Peacock.
- Peacock Bedroom – Single bedroom. Interconnecting door to Lady Grey.
- Twin Chimnies – King bedded room (can be arranged as twins on request) with its own spiral staircase. En-suite bathroom with bath and shower.
- Tower Bedoom – Four poster Elizabethan double bed, en-suite WC. Adjacent stone steps lead up to:
- Chinese Bedoom – Twin bedroom, en-suite bathroom.
- The Old Nursery Bedroom – King bedded room (can be arranged as twins on request) next door to the Nursery Kitchen, with own cooking and dining facilities perfect for families. Shares the Turret Bathroom.
- Nursery Kitchen – Spacious kitchen with cooking and dining facilities.
- Lady Cameron Bedroom – King bedded room (can be arranged as twins on request). Adjacent to the Turret Bathroom.
- Turret Bathroom
- Four in Hand Bedroom – Double bedroom in an unusual shape. Adjacent private bathroom with bath.
- Oratory and Roof Space